Friday 18 March 2011

Alphabet Rubbish

My definition of 'rubbish' would be anything that is not going to be used again or something that was used and now it has no more purpose to the original user and so has been thrown away or discarded.

I have chosen to do my alphabet rubbish using scrunched up tissue/toilet paper. I figured people who have used a tissue would scrunch it up and throw it away. My intended audience for this font would be teenagers as it's fun and a little bit messy. I feel as though the older generation would prefer a more sophisticated looking font.


Below is a screen shot of my layers however I had quite a few layers so not all of them fit.. But you get the idea.

 
I created these letters by taking a photo of a scrunched up piece of tissue that I moulded into a straight line with my jacket as a black background. I then took another photo with the tissue moulded into a curved 'C' shape and then another photo as an 'O' shape. Using these three photos, I was able to rotate them and enlarge or reduce the size of them to make a letter. 

 

1 comment:

  1. 1) I think Maggie had used formal design to accomplish her font.

    2) On the topic of rubbish, I’d assume that informal is more appropriate.

    3) The spacing is superb, the size and colour are exact. She’s used matching curves and straight lines throughout. Improvements may include black paint spots, or slimy green drips to sort of make her view of ‘rubbish’ really apparent.

    4)
    S:
    I really like the consistency. The shape, size and colour of each letter is the same. It’s always a plus when all the letters match up in a font!
    W:
    To begin with, I hadn’t realised what she used. Then after reading “tissues” and “toilet paper” I related them to rubbish.
    O:
    Perhaps have less clean-looking objects – maybe use dirty/used tissues to really polish off that ‘rubbish’ image.
    T:
    Just like I said before, people may not realise that the font is meant to represent rubbish. That’s it, really!

    Lotsa Love, Peita ;)

    ReplyDelete